BREAKING WORLD WAR III NEWS: RUSSIA SAYS ALL NUCLEAR NOTIFICATIONS WITH THE U.S. ARE SUSPENDED
Russia said Wednesday it will no longer give the United States advance notice of its missile tests — a month after suspending its participation in the most recent nuclear arms agreement between the two countries.
Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told reporters that Russia will halt the information exchange after suspending “implementation” of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
“There will be no notifications at all,” Rybakov said, according to Russian news agencies.
“All notifications, all kinds of notifications, all activities under the treaty, will be suspended and will not be conducted regardless of what position the US may take,” he said.
New START calls for Washington and Moscow to share information about the current state of their nuclear forces every six months.
Those alerts reduce the likelihood that a test launch will be misinterpreted as a missile attack by either side.
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced his intention to suspend the treaty in a rambling speech to the country’s parliament last month, claiming that the US and NATO cannot inspect Russian nuclear sites because they have declared war on the country over its invasion of Ukraine.
“The US and NATO openly say that their goal is to inflict a strategic defeat on Russia. And what — after that, they are going to drive around our defense facilities, including the newest ones, as if nothing had happened?” Putin said just days before the anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Source: NYP, Mark Moore
To read more, click here: https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/russia-says-it-will-no-longer-share-info-about-missile-tests/