A 17-year-old is suspected of murdering of two North Carolina teenagers whose bullet-riddled bodies were found on a trail earlier this week, authorities announced Tuesday.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office filed a petition charging the unnamed suspect with two counts of first-degree murder in the slaying of 14-year-old Lyric Woods and 18-year-old Devin Clark — two days after their bodies were found near a power-line easement.
“Through the hard work of my investigators, along with the assistance of personnel from many other law enforcement agencies, we have identified a suspect in this case,” Sheriff Charles Blackwood said in a statement.
“We will now work with local, state, and federal authorities to apprehend and present the suspect to the court system.”
In North Carolina, 16- and 17-year-old criminals are not automatically tried as adults, but a case could be transferred to a superior court if there is probable cause or notice of indictment, the sheriff said.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: New York Post, Katherine Donlevy