Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #408. Today we are reading chapter 48 of the novel “All the Bishop’s Children Book 2” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Friday was an exciting day for the Champion Cheerleaders as that was the day they had been looking forward to and had practiced for all year long. They were to take part in the annual Southeast Cheer-leading Competition. Rachel was excited as she would be spending the entire weekend with Seneca Jordan after returning from the competition.
“Bye, Mom. Tell Dad I’m sorry I missed him. Bye, Jessica,” Rachel said as she gathered up her weekend bag after hearing Mrs. Jordan blowing her car horn outside.
“Slow down, Rachel,” Rosalind said. “Let me come and say thank you to Mrs. Jordan.”
Rosalind and Jessica walked outside to the driveway with Rachel. After thanking Mrs. Jordan, they said good bye.
The cheer-leading competition was an exciting time as ten schools in the high school division competed for first place.
“That was awesome! Did you see how they threw that girl in the air and how she did that double twist while in the air? She must be light as a feather,” Rachel said. “They deserve first place just for that alone.”
“They sure do,” Seneca said. “Third place for originality is not too bad for us. We have to do more flips and twists and shoot for first place in next year’s competition.”
“At least we got first place for most enthusiastic,” Rachel said.
“That’s just a mild way of saying we have the biggest mouths,” Seneca said with a laugh. “You’re still spending the weekend with me, right?”
“Of course. All weekend until Monday evening. It’s going to be a great weekend,” Rachel said.
“It sure will be especially since I have access to Michael’s telephone number,” Seneca whispered.
“How’d you get it?”
“I have my ways,” Seneca said. “You can spend the entire weekend talking with him. He may drop by on tomorrow for a short visit. I kind of asked my brother to set it up for us.”
“How’s he going to do that?”
“He’ll just pretend that Michael is his friend. All four of us will sit and talk awhile, then he’ll leave, then I’ll leave and you two will be left alone. You’ll have to take it from there,” Seneca said.
“That I can easily do,” Rachel said.
Rachel and Michael, with Seneca acting as chaperone, enjoyed a hamburger meal at The Grill late Saturday evening. Seneca peeled off as soon as they got to The Grill to allow them some privacy.
“So what did you two talk about?” she asked Rachel later that night as they laid in the bed.
“He’s been studying me all this time but never let on until today. But everything was confirmed when he asked me to help him with his math,” Rachel said. “Why do boys do that? You know, act as though they are not interested in you when their every thought is about you?”
“Beats me. I guess that keeps the mystery and the excitement in the relationship,” Seneca said. “And I love it.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.