Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #406. Today we are reading chapter 46 of the novel “All the Bishop’s Children Book 2” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Dwight turned up the volume on the radio.
“Having your name on a church roll will not save you. You may have your name on the church registry, but you will still die and go to hell because you have never been saved.
“Getting baptized will not save you. The penitent thief on the cross got saved and he was immediately transported into Heaven. He was never afforded the opportunity to come off that cross to be baptized. That thief said to Jesus, ‘Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.’ Jesus said, ‘Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise.’
“Speaking in tongues will not get you any closer to Heaven than where you are right now. Regarding the gifts of the Spirit, Paul asks: ‘Do all speak in tongues?’ The answer is, no. Speaking in tongues is one of the spiritual gifts that you get after you are saved and only some people get it.
“Religious activities stemming from keeping the Ten Commandments or the Golden Rule will not save you. It makes no difference who you are. Religious works will not save you. The Bible says, ‘not by works of righteousness which we have done.’
“I have had people to tell me something came over them, or that they saw this vision. My answer to that is, maybe you ate too much of that greasy fried chicken that tasted delicious going down but crept back up and rested on your chest after you fell asleep.
“Finally, being born into a religious family will not get you into Heaven; it will not get you saved. Your grand-mama or grand-pappy may be on their way to Heaven, but that does not automatically put you into Heaven. Every man will have to stand before God for himself. You mama-called preachers who are preaching because your daddy or great-grand-daddy were preachers will not guarantee you a spot in Heaven if you have never trusted Jesus Christ for yourself.”
An uneasiness settled within Dwight at the preacher’s last words. It was as though the preacher took the very thought out of his heart and verbalized it. Lord, is this what I have been missing in my preaching? in my relationship with You? Have I never been truly saved? truly born again? Have I been leading the folks down the wrong road? I beg Your forgiveness as I have been doing it out of ignorance.
“There is no such thing as ‘You have the head of a preacher.’ That is not in my Bible. There is only one way to be saved, and that is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. That was what Paul told the Philippian jailer when he asked Paul and Silas, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ Paul’s answer was, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.’
“Are you saved? Has there ever been a time in your life when you realized that you were a sinner and that you were on your way to hell, but you found out that Jesus shed His blood on the cross for your sins, thus providing you that detour off the road to hell and placing you on the road to Heaven? Now is the time to come to that realization and to believe on Jesus’ finished work on the cross meaning there is nothing you can do to save yourself because Jesus did it all when He died on the cross. John three verse sixteen says, ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.’ If you believe all that you just heard and you want to be saved, please pray this prayer with me:
“Dear God, I come before You as humbly as I know how confessing my sins. I confess that I am a sinner and have sinned against no one but You. Because of this, I deserve to go to hell. You are the only One who can deliver me from hell. Thank You for sending Jesus Christ to die for my sins. I believe He died for my sins. Please forgive me of all of my sins. Come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. In Jesus’ name I pray and for His sake. Amen.”
Dwight fell to his knees beside the bed inside that hotel room and prayed along with Billy Graham. He got up a new man. He chuckled within himself. That’s what has been missing. I did not have Jesus in my heart for myself. I’ve been riding on my mother’s faith. I have been preaching because my mother and my wife called me to preach. Thank You, God. Thank You for saving me.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.