Legendary golfer Tiger Woods broke down in tears as he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame on Wednesday, after being introduced by his 14-year-old daughter Sam.
When @TigerWoods was 14, his family took out a second mortgage so he could continue to pursue of dream of playing golf.
Woods’ emotions showed when he thanked them during his Hall of Fame speech. pic.twitter.com/RS3CEexiPB
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) March 10, 2022
Woods, 46, didn’t touch on any of his 82 victories on the PGA Tour or his 15 majors, or the eight surgeries he has endured along the way.
Instead, he spoke of his parents taking out a second mortgage that allowed him to play the junior circuit in California, choking up when he mentioned his late father who told him he would have to earn everything he wanted.
‘If you don’t go out there and put in the work, you don’t go out and put in the effort, one, you’re not going to get the results,’ Woods said.
‘But two, and more importantly, you don’t deserve it. You need to earn it. So that defined my upbringing. That defined my career.’
Sam said her father continues to instill those messages into her and her 13-year-old brother Charlie, as she introduced him on Wednesday night.
‘You’re a fighter,’ she said of her father, as family members including Woods’ longtime girlfriend Erica Herman watched.
‘You’ve defied the odds every time – being the first black and Asian golfer to win a majors, being able to win your fifth Masters after back surgeries, and being able to walk just a few months after your crash,’ she said, referring to Woods’ devastating car crash last year.
‘Dad, I inducted you into the Dad Hall of Fame a long time ago, but today, I am so proud to present my dad, Tiger Woods, into the World Golf Hall of Fame.’
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Daily Mail, by Melissa Koenig | Associated Press
If you know that you don’t have a home in Heaven waiting for you when you die, if you know that you have not trusted God’s Son, Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, here is how you can be saved today and have a home in Heaven when you die,
- First, please understand that you are a sinner, just as I am, and that you have broken God’s laws. The Bible says in Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Second, accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Third, accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Also, the Bible states in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Now this is bad news, but here’s the good news. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead by the power of God for you so that you can live eternally with Him. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart today, and He will.
- Romans 10:9 & 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved… For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead, and you want to trust Him for your Salvation today, please pray with me this simple prayer: Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved from Hell and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! Congratulations on trusting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. You have done the most important thing in life. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door“. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
God loves you. We love you. And may God bless!