Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes: 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Toasted baguette slices or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first 4 ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl; toss with oil mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Roast vegetables until softened and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a food processor; cool slightly. Add tomato paste; pulse just until blended (mixture should be chunky).
- Transfer to a bowl; cool completely. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
AOURCE: Taste of Home