Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add beans, rice, cumin and oregano; heat through.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
SOURCE: Taste of Home