Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 5 servings
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Optional toppings: Cranberry chutney, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and red onion
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut chicken crosswise in half. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, thyme and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 2-3 minutes on each side. Split biscuits in half; top with chicken and toppings as desired. Replace tops.
SOURCE: Tase of Home