Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
Makes: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in chicken and cream. Cover and continue cooking until heated through, about 15 minutes.
SOURCE: Taste of Home