Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast: Holiday Edition episode #44. Today we are reading chapter 5 of the book “A Miraculous Thanksgiving” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Five Days and Counting Down…
Day five fell on Saturday. It was a special day for the family. It was the day they went out to tell people about Jesus. After a filling breakfast of pancakes and sausage with scrambled eggs the family set out. Adriena loved to go out on Saturdays. She and her siblings made a game out of seeing who could place Gospel tracts on the most doors. Adriena met a little girl playing in her yard. “Why don’t you go and tell her about Jesus and how she can go to Heaven,” Mr. Atkinson encouraged her. Sonja and Sandra went with her and Mrs. Atkinson watched from the sidewalk.
“Hi,” Adriena said. “My name is Adriena and I am eight-years-old.”
The little girl smiled. “I’m Kasandra and I am eight, too. Do you live here?”
“No. I live around the corner in those apartments.” Adriena pointed in the direction of the apartments. “You can barely see the roof in the sky.”
“I have a friend who lives over there,” Kasandra said.
“Do you go to church anywhere?” Adriena asked.
“Yes. We go to my grandmama’s church.”
“Are you going to Heaven when you die?” Adriena asked straightforwardly. She was a straightforward person whenever she was serious about a matter.
Kasandra bore the front of her sneakers in the ground. “I dunno. Are you?”
Sure. Do you want to go?” Adriena asked.
Kasandra nodded, yes, and asked, “How do you know you are going?”
“Because I asked Jesus to save me and to give me eternal life and since I have eternal life I am going to Heaven,” Adriena said with confidence.
“Well, how do you know Jesus saved you and gave you eternal life?” Kasandra asked.
“John 3:16 says ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life,'” Adriena said. “See, if you believe in Jesus and that He died on the cross for your sins, then you will have eternal life.”
Kasandra nodded her head. “The pastor at my church says all the time that Jesus died for all of us.”
“That’s true, and if you believe that, you will go to Heaven. Do you want to pray with me and tell Jesus you believe He died for you and that you want Him to save you from your sins and live in your heart and take you to Heaven with Him when you die?” Adriena asked all in one breath. Kasandra nodded, “Yes, I want to pray.”
Adriena led Kasandra in the following prayer: Dear God. I thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for my sins. I believe He died for me and I ask You to forgive me of my sins and to come and live in my heart and to give me eternal life. Lord, please give me a home in Heaven. Amen.
Adriena gave Kasandra a hug and gave her a Gospel tract. Kasandra had a big smile on her face. “I’m going to tell my mama what I just did,” she said taking Adriena by the hand and pulling her towards her front door. “Can your mama come and talk with my mama?”
“I sure can,” Mrs. Atkinson said. She had been watching the whole scene and had come over to give Kasandra a hug. “We love you,” she said to Kasandra.
Kasandra’s mom asked Jesus to save her after Mrs. Atkinson showed her the way of salvation. She promised her that Mr. Atkinson would return on Monday to share Jesus with Kasandra’s father who was not at home at that time.
Adriena, as well as the rest of her family, had a song in their hearts as they drove home that evening. There is no feeling you can have that is so good as when you share Jesus with others. As she lay in bed, she remembered the words of her father: “The only thing you can take with you to Heaven is another person.” Adriena smiled. She would take Kasandra to Heaven with her along with Kasandra’s mom and hopefully her father. “I thank God,” she wrote in her I THANK GOD FOR… notebook, “for Jesus dying for my sins and for Jesus saving Kasandra today.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.