Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes: 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
SOURCE: Taste of Home