Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound Broccolini or broccoli spears, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free spiral pasta
- In a blender, puree drained cashews and next 7 ingredients until smooth; mix in crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until browned, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add asparagus, Broccolini and carrots; cook until tender, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In same pan, add tomato mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add water, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until pasta is al dente, 10-12 minutes, adding additional water as necessary, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home