Former NBA Player Cedric Ceballos Says He is Coronavirus Free But ‘Still Can’t Breathe, Walk, or Function on My Own’

Los Angeles Lakers’ player Cedric Ceballos speaks to reporters at a news conference concerning his disappearance over the last several days, March 24, 1996 in Inglewood, Calif. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

Former NBA player Cedric Ceballos, who played for the Dallas Mavericks from 1998 to 2000, said in a tweet Monday he is COVID-19 free but still has bad lingering symptoms.

Ceballos, 52, explained in the tweet that he can’t breathe, walk or “function on my own yet.”

Last week, Ceballos revealed he was battling COVID-19 while in a hospital’s intensive care unit. He said he had been in the ICU for 10 days at the time of his tweet, which showed him wearing an oxygen mask.

In Monday morning’s tweet, he was pictured outside without any healthcare equipment.

“I am COVID-19 free, thank you so very much for your prayers and well wishes to help me with that,” he said. “I still CAN NOT breathe, walk or function on my own yet.”

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: WFAA, Jay Wallis

When you purchase a book below it supports the Number #1 Black Christian Newspaper BLACK CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK ONE (BCNN1.com) and it also allows us to spread the Gospel around the world.