Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makes: about 7 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flours and salt. Gradually add water and 1/4 cup oil, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into 3 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick each cracker with a fork; brush lightly with remaining oil. Mix thyme and sea salt; sprinkle over crackers.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
SOURCE: Taste of Home