Total Time: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes: 8 kabobs
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Lime juice, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Combine garlic, lime juice, oil and salt. Add chicken and kiwi; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 30 minutes.
- Mix honey and chipotle peppers. Drain chicken and kiwi, discarding marinade. On 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and kiwi.
- Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 10-12 minutes. During last 4 minutes, baste frequently with honey-chipotle mixture.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and rice if desired.
SOURCE: Taste of Home