The number of confirmed dead in the collapse of a condo building in Florida last month jumped to 94 Monday after four more bodies were pulled from the rubble.
Officials said 22 people remain unaccounted for in the ruins of Champlain Tower South in Surfside, which collapsed on June 24.
Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said during a Monday morning press briefing that 83 of the victims have been identified.
“I want to stress that the police and the medical examiner teams are continuing their around-the-clock work to identify victims,” she said.
“However, the process of making identifications has become more difficult as time goes on,” Levine Cava added. “The recovery at this point is yielding human remains.”
First responders will continue to sift through the rubble, with Levine Cava saying it appears the work will take several more weeks.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: New York Post, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon