Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add asparagus. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon green onion and asparagus on one side. Fold omelet in half; serve in tortilla.
SOURCE: Taste of Home