Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #252. Today we are reading chapter 22 of the novel “I Need Someone to Pray with Me” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Aubrey’s sleep was greatly disturbed that night. What kind of monster is Roger turning out to be? she thought.
“A monster who’s finally taking off his mask,” Simone told her after Aubrey had voiced her thoughts to her friends the next morning.
“He’s just trying to control you,” Jennifer said.
“You need to let him go,” Simone added. “You don’t need to submit to any man’s authority unless he is your husband.”
“Simone’s right,” Kelli said. “Roger may apologize and let you set the agenda for a couple of weeks, then before you know it, he’ll flip the script on you and start controlling things again. He’s playing a psychological game on you, Aubrey, and the only way to come out on the winning side is to permanently end your relationship.”
“You have to make a quick, clean break,” Simone said. “There are better men out there.”
“There sure are, Aubrey,” Kelli said. “Don’t even try to let him down slowly. Just let him go.”
“Isn’t there room for second chances?” Aubrey said. Her merciful heart sometimes got the better of her intentions.
Simone glared at her.
“For forgiveness?” Aubrey continued.
“We’re not talking about forgiveness or second chances. You’ve given him enough second chances. Stop trying to be Ms. Nice. We’re talking about your future well-being and happiness,” Simone said raising her voice.
“Aubrey,” Jennifer said softly, “because you seem to be so hungry for a man in your life you’re having a hard time seeing things clearly. You need someone to help you balance out your life and get your focus back on God. I’m afraid Roger is not the one.”
“I could not have said it better,” Kelli agreed.
“I’m getting real angry watching you get ready to mess your life up again,” Simone said.
Aubrey listened grimly to her friends. She knew they were right.
“Thanks, guys,” she said as they prepared to leave the Cherry Blossom Cafe.
“By the way,” Simone said, “isn’t it amazing, girls, how God brought Quintin back into Aubrey’s life when He’s getting ready to kick Roger out? But she’s going to lose him too if she keeps fooling with Roger.”
Jennifer and Kelli both nodded their heads.
“You never did tell us what took place between you and Quintin on Sunday afternoon after we left you two alone,” Simone said. Then turning to Jennifer and Kelli she said, “We talked Quintin into coming over for dinner after he joined us for Sunday morning services.”
The girls looked at Aubrey. “We’re waiting,” they all said in unison.
“He is just different from Roger. They are like opposites. I feel comfortable and safe around him. He brings out the sensible side of me and not the silly side that Roger caters to all the time. I am thinking of asking him to be our guest speaker at our ladies meeting on next Saturday,” Aubrey said. “I know he has never been married before, but he could share some things from his experience as a lawyer and having to deal with family matters. I want to give our ladies a balanced view. As a Christian lawyer, I think he’ll deliver a fair speech.”
All the girls were in agreement with Aubrey.
“I also showed him that long den at the back of the house and shared with him my plans to convert it into a home office as I prepare to start my own interior design business. He said, ‘Go for it.’”
“Tell them what Roger said when you told him you were thinking of starting your own interior design business,” Simone said.
“Roger said he would be making enough money to take care of both of us—as if I was thinking of marrying him.”
“Well, you know what to do,” Simone said.
Later that night, Aubrey thought more on Simone’s words: Maybe God did bring Quintin back into my life because He is getting ready to kick Roger out.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.