Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 3 peeled medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 medium peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle half the seasoning mixture over chicken breasts. Add to skillet; cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside. Add wine and 2 tablespoons honey to pan; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits.
- Combine sweet potatoes, carrots and fennel in a microwave-safe bowl. Add remaining olive oil, seasonings and honey to vegetables; stir to combine. Microwave, covered, until potatoes are just tender, 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a shallow roasting pan. Add chicken stock, wine mixture and bay leaves; top vegetables with chicken. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 25-30 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
SOURCE: Taste of Home