Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Place the sour cream, chiles, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Cut each tilapia fillet lengthwise into 2 portions. Place the flour, egg white and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip tilapia in flour, then egg white, then crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tilapia in oil in batches until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fish.
- Place a portion of fish on each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. If desired, top with additional cilantro.
SOURCE: Taste of Home