Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 16 appetizers
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg and pepper. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.
SOURCE: Taste of Home