Total Time: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes: about 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, gradually adding sugars, until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in egg, vanilla and maple flavoring.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into creamed mixture just until moistened (do not overbeat). Stir in semisweet chocolate and white baking chips, dried cherries and coconut.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
SOURCE: Taste of Home