Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional: Chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced radishes, sour cream and lime wedges
Preheat oven to 400°. Heat oil in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, enchilada sauce, corn, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Stir in tortillas.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until tortillas are softened, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. If desired, garnish with optional ingredients.
SOURCE: Taste of Home