Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 20 min
- Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or multigrain hot cereal
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained and warmed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Optional: Pitted ripe olives, sour cream and chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring water and taco seasoning to a boil. Stir in oats; cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls. Top with beans, salsa, cheese, avocado and toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
SOURCE: Taste of Home