Total Time: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min. + standing.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained well
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale or baby spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- OPTIONAL: sour cream, salsa, thinly sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir mushrooms, onion and sweet red pepper until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Add kale; stir until wilted.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheeses and kale mixture. Pour into a greased 4-cup baking dish; cover with foil.
- Wipe pressure cooker clean. Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Fold an 18×12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with optional toppings as desired.
SOURCE: Taste of Home