Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #236. Today we are reading chapter 6 of the novel “I Need Someone to Pray with Me” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” – John 14:14
Simone left the Cherry Blossom Cafe with a strong determination to do the right thing. It was either God or Kelvin, not God and Kelvin no matter how much she wished it was the latter. It was about 10:30 when she got home. Kelvin, surprisingly, was sound asleep in the bed. Not like him to be in this early from basketball with the boys. She got dressed for bed while contemplating whether or not to wake him up.
“Lord, what should I do? Please put the right words in my mouth so things will go smoothly, Lord, help Kelvin to understand.”
I’ll just crawl under the covers and stay on my side of the bed and get up early and then we’ll talk, she thought.
As she lay there, sleep departed from her. Two voices went back and forth in her head.
Just move on up closer to him, Simone, and hug on him a little. You know you want to.
You shouldn’t be in bed with him: Remember My word? — ‘to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin’.
One more night won’t hurt. Kind of a goodbye gesture. Think of all the good times you and Kelvin have had together. You just don’t want to throw all those great memories away, do you?
If you do the right thing, Simone, I’ll work things out for you.
Simone did not see how God was going to work things out. She sighed as she hugged her pillow. She had just been passed over for a promotion, now she was getting ready to lose her man. Kelvin stirred and reached over to her side of the bed, his hands groping as he felt for her. Still sleepy, he mumbled, “Simone, when did you get here? Come on over closer.” He rolled over to meet her halfway, pulling her closer to him.
Simone tried to resist him. “I need to talk with you, Kelvin,” she said.
“Later, babe. I got something better than talking right now. I’ve been waiting for you to return.” He propped himself up and reaching over started to kiss her.
“Can we talk first?” Simone asked.
Kelvin rubbed her shoulders. She felt the passion in her begin to rise. She made no effort to resist or to comply. She turned knowing what she should do. As Kelvin touched all the right places she began to relax.
Go ahead and give him one for the road, the voice in her head whispered to her. He’s ready. It will be over and done within a few minutes.
You know this is a sin, a second voice said.
Aubrey made it home by 10:25 and poured herself and her mother iced tea as she shared with her the meeting she’d had with her friends earlier.
“You can’t put a price on true friends,” Aubrey said. “But, please pray for Simone. The message that Pastor Ashton preached on ‘the marriage bed being undefiled’ is really convicting her. She’s finally decided to tell Kelvin they can’t live together anymore.”
“Well, good for her,” Mother Jamison said with a smile. “God has great things in store for her if she just takes the first step to obedience, trusting Him for the outcome.”
“We prayed for God to give her the strength to let Kelvin go,” Aubrey said. “I’m going to give them a call to make sure they all made it home safely, then I’m going up to bed.”
Jennifer was already in bed when Aubrey called her. They chatted for a few minutes before saying ‘good night’.
Kelli was up with her son, Justin. She’d be up for a while seeing he had taken a late nap at her mother’s house.
Aubrey couldn’t wait to see if everything had gone well with Simone.
Kelvin whispered sweet words in her ears. “Come on, babe–”
Simone snapped back to reality. ‘To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.’
“Stop, Kelvin!” She surprised them both as she kicked him off her and reached over for the phone, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and pulling the sheet around her as best she could.
“Simone, this is Aubrey.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
- Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
- Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.