Total Time: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 10 ounces), thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Add remaining oil to same pan; arrange potatoes on bottom of pan. Cook over medium-low heat until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in tomatoes, artichokes, onion mixture, 2 tablespoons goat cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh basil, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until eggs are completely set, 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut into wedges.
SOURCE: Taste of Home