Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/8-in. thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dough for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place tomatoes on a double layer of paper towels; sprinkle with salt. Cover with additional paper towels. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise. Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread pesto mixture over crust to within 2 in. of edge; top with ¼ cup feta. Arrange tomato slices on top; arrange cherry tomatoes on top, cut sides up. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup feta, Italian seasoning and pepper. Fold crust edges over filling, pleating as you go and leaving center uncovered. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush edges of crust with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until crust is crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, top with basil before serving.
SOURCE: Taste of Home