The Sabbath was not a suggestion. Moses included it in his top 10, and Jesus completely redefined this ancient practice to the Jewish culture that had made it a chore instead of a blessing. But let’s be honest, most of us do not know how to take a day off without feeling guilty, restless, or insecure. As a young pastor, I seldom chilled for an entire day, and it almost cost me my marriage, my health, and my ministry. Today, I am better at it. Here are some thoughts and suggestions to help all of us take a day off so we can unplug and recharge our lives.
12 Ways to Take a Day Off
1. Tweet less or not at all.
2. Don’t look at your Facebook inbox.
3. Go on a date with your spouse.
4. Go outside and take a walk. The sun recharges our bodies more than we think.
5. Unless it’s family or one of your close friends, do not answer your phone. Voicemail is a great screening tool.
6. Don’t drink cheap coffee.
Click here to read more.
Source: Church Leaders