Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #159. Today we are reading chapter 51 of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop III” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” – Proverbs 16:18
“Do you see what’s happening?” Brother Montague said to Jonathan as they waited on Monica. “God has allowed you to rise to the top and at a young age and within a short period of time, and God wants you to stay at the top. You’re seen as a leader among preachers; they look up to you even though some are older than you. Do you know how many preachers would like to get just one book out there? And you have two books? All this attention has inflated your ego, and pride has set in to the point where you’re starting to compromise. The sad thing is you don’t even realize it. I’ll just mention this speaking in tongues as the proof of salvation. I could go on, but I don’t think I need to.”
Jonathan smiled shaking his head at the absurdity of his behavior and his unwise decisions these past months.
“God has been trying to get your attention. First through Monica, then through your deacons, then through us and Pastor Richardson; but you have refused to listen. Rather than let you destroy yourself, God in His mercy has sent others to block your path to destruction, because as you know, pride goeth before a fall. Things are beginning to unravel in your life to point you back to a state of humility. First, some person named Cam threatening to take over your church; second, Monica leaving with her mind strongly made up to stay away as long as she deems necessary; third, that awful preaching at the conference; fourth, this divorce email. So what are you going to do? Humble yourself and go back to the basics? Or are your going to continue on in the same vein?”
“I got the message,” Jonathan said.
Before he and Monica pulled off, Brother Montague gave him a CD with one of Pastor Richardson’s messages titled Humility. “Listen to this on your drive home and don’t worry about Pastor Richardson. I’ll tell him what’s taken place. He’ll be happy to know you two are back together.”
* * * * *
News was flying back and forth among the church members.
“What do you think about that email?” Leanne asked Anise.
“I don’t know what to think,” Anise said. “I mean, it’s strange how she left so suddenly. Normally, the pastor announces beforehand their plans for vacation, conferences, guest speakers coming in, special events, and such things. Whether they like it or not, we are indirectly a part of the Reynolds family.”
“When you think about it,” Leanne said, “announcing it via the reality show was a unique way of letting us know.”
Anise chuckled. “The more I think about it, the more I am inclined not to believe they were acting.”
“Of course they were. This reality show is all pretense,” Leanne said.
“I think the TV crew caught them at a bad time and they played it off. Plus, Monica chose a fine time to vacation with her parents. We’ve heard nothing about her or from her since she’s been gone. I believe there might be some truth to this email.”
“Well, let’s just pray for them to stay together. They have a beautiful family and they are doing a great work for the Lord,” Leanne said. “I’d hate to lose them as our pastor and first lady.”
“Me, too,” Anise said.
* * * * *
“Who do you think sent that email?” Monica asked shortly after they pulled out en route to Oklahoma City.
“I don’t know for sure. But I think it’s Cam.”
“Cam? I thought he was in jail,” Monica said.
“I believe he contacted someone outside and set it all up,” Jonathan said shaking his head.
“Jon,” Monica said softly.
“I feel responsible for this happening. If I had just stayed put this would not have happened. I could have handled it better.”
“Don’t beat up on yourself. We don’t know for sure this email would not have been sent either way,” Jonathan said reaching over to squeeze her hand. “And if I had not been acting so stupid you would not have left. That’s behind us now.”
“Why are we stopping?” Monica asked as Jonathan pulled the van over to the side of the road.
“Just want to show you how much I missed you and to say thanks for everything.’”
“I missed you, too,” Monica said as her husband reached over to kiss her.
“Okay, enough,” Monica said. “All this romance is not going to solve what we have to face once we get back.”
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.