Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in mascarpone cheese, sour cream, lime juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pie; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, top with hazelnuts.
SOURCE: Taste of Home