Prince Philip, who was hospitalized last week, is being treated for an infection, according to Buckingham Palace.
The palace did not provide any further details about the infection or what type of treatment Philip is undergoing, saying only, “He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.”
The Duke of Edinburgh, who will turn 100 in June, was taken by car from Windsor, England, to the King Edward VII Hospital in London on Feb. 17 for what the palace described as a “precautionary measure” after Philip reported feeling unwell.
Philip’s illness is not COVID-19-related, a royal source told ABC News.
Philip’s oldest son, Prince Charles, visited his father in the hospital on Saturday and stayed for around 30 minutes. Visitors are only allowed at the hospital in “exceptional circumstances” because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to the hospital’s website.
Charles, who was photographed entering the hospital wearing a face mask, is believed to be the only family member so far to have visited Philip in the hospital.
The duke’s youngest child, Prince Edward, told Sky News on Tuesday that he had spoken with his father by phone.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Yahoo! News, Katie Kindelan