Parler Relaunches With New CEO After Free Speech Social Network Was Taken Offline Amid Capitol Riot

Creator: Jaap Arriens | Credit: Sipa USA via AP

Parler, the self-proclaimed free-speech platform taken offline following the January riot at the U.S. Capitol, says it has relaunched.

Mark Meckler is serving as interim CEO of Parler after its previous top executive was fired by the social-media platform, which has been favored by conservatives.

Parler had been pulled from app stores run by Apple and Google, and dropped by Amazon’s web hosting services following the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Parler was one of the platforms used by supporters of former President Donald Trump to plan and chronicle what happened.

“Parler is being run by an experienced team and is here to stay,” said Meckler in a statement. “We will thrive as the premier social media platform dedicated to free speech, privacy and civil dialogue.”

In a press release issued Monday, Parler said it has 20 million users. The relaunch will bring the service back online for current users, while new users can start signing up next week. The company did not say which web hosting service is hosting Parler, other than it is “built on robust, sustainable, independent technology.”

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: USA Today, Brett Molina

When you purchase a book below it supports the Number #1 Black Christian Newspaper BLACK CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK ONE (BCNN1.com) and it also allows us to spread the Gospel around the world.