Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, beaten, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion and green pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in beef, tomato puree, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Spread mashed potatoes in an 11×7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 4 rectangles; arrange 3 rectangles over the casserole. If desired, brush with egg wash. Bake until top is browned, 12-15 minutes. Roll remaining dough into 2 crescent rolls; bake for another use.
SOURCE: Taste of Home