Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
Makes: 18 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Greek olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place garbanzo beans on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain well. Place kale in a large mixing bowl; massage until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add pasta.
- Finely grate zest from 1 lemon. Cut lemons crosswise in half; squeeze juice from lemons. In a small bowl, whisk water, tahini, garlic, olive juice, lemon juice and zest, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in garbanzo beans, tomatoes and olives. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
SOURCE: Taste of Home