Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, 2-4 minutes. Gradually stir in cream, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not allow to boil). Sprinkle with parsley.
SOURCE: Taste of Home