Hundreds of Nigerian Schoolchildren are Now Safe but Christians Remain on ‘Full Alert’

A freed Nigerian schoolboy plays football as he returns home, after he was rescued by security forces, in Kankara, Nigeria December 19, 2020. REUTERS/Afolbabi Sotunde

While hundreds of abducted Nigerian school boys are now safe, believers are on ‘full alert’ following last week’s threat from Boko Haram.  The terrorists released a three-minute video promising more attacks on Christians as Christmas Day approaches.

“Where the Church grows, there is often a pretty strong or violent backlash,” Floyd Brobbel with Voice of the Martyrs Canada says.

“Christianity would be one of the greater threats to Boko Haram because it is shown to bring many people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.”

On Friday, more than 300 schoolboys returned home to anxious parents in northwest Nigeria. While Boko Haram took credit for the December 11 kidnapping, analysts say it was the work of a loosely-affiliated gang.

Regardless, Boko Haram remains a severe threat. The Islamic terrorists surfaced in 2009 and have killed more than 37,500 people since 2011.

“They (Boko Haram) will attack any institution that would not propagate their religion [or] coincide with their goals and strategies,” Brobbel says.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: Mission Network News, Katey Hearth

CALL TO ACTION

  • Praise God for the abducted students’ safe return, and keep Nigerian Christians in your prayers.
  • Pray they will keep sharing the hope and love of Jesus despite Boko Haram’s threats.
  • Ask the Lord to protect His followers from terrorist violence.

When you purchase a book below it supports the Number #1 Black Christian Newspaper BLACK CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK ONE (BCNN1.com) and it also allows us to spread the Gospel around the world.