Texas Parents Heartbroken After Five-Year-Old Daughter Dies from Coronavirus Hours After Hospital Sent Her Home

Last week, the parents of Tagan White, five (pictured), from Amarillo, Texas, noticed something was wrong when the kindergartner slept nearly all day and then began vomiting

A mother and father in Texas are grieving after their five-year-old daughter died from coronavirus hours after being sent home from hospital.

Last week, Tagan White, from Amarillo, tested positive for COVID-19 after sleeping all through the day and then getting up to vomit, reported KAMR.

Doctors in the emergency room told her parents, Lastassija White and Quincy Drone, that the virus would not affect her severely and told them that Tagan should get rest.

Later that night, Tagan’s mother walked into her daughter’s room and found the kindergartner unresponsive.

She was rushed back to the hospital, but it was too late and, hours later, Tagan was pronounced dead.

Tagan’s parents took her to the local emergency room, where she tested positive for COVID-19. Pictured: Tagan

‘My daughter was perfectly healthy. Perfectly healthy,’ White told KAMR.

‘There’s no way that should have happened.’

Tagan’s parents say they taught their daughter to wear her mask when she was out in public and, sometimes, she would even remind them to wear face coverings.

On Tuesday, October 27, was when her parents first realized something was wrong.

‘She was just sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. That went on until Tuesday and Wednesday,’ White told KAMR.

‘She was still eating and drinking, and then Wednesday night she started throwing up. So that Thursday, that’s when I decided to take her to the ER.’

It was in the emergency room that Tagan was diagnosed with COVID-19.

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, more than 850,000 children have tested positive for the virus since the pandemic began.

However, a recent report from the organization states that ‘hospitalization and death’ due to COVID-19 ‘is uncommon in children.’

White said after the positive test results came back, the attending physician sent the family home, reported KAMR.

‘And he came in, they discharged us and just told me that she would be fine, it doesn’t affect kids, not to have her around anybody older,’ she said.

Her parents did not reveal which hospital they had attended.

Doctors told the family that the virus rarely affects children severely and sent them home. Later that night, Tagan’s mother found the kindergartner breathing but unresponsive.
Pictured: Tagan, left, and with her mother, right
An ambulance was called and Tagan (pictured) was rushed to the hospital, but it was too late and she passed away

Tagan’s parents put her to bed and, when White woke up around 3am, her daughter was breathing, but unresponsive.

They immediately called 911 and ambulance rushed her to the hospital, but she soon passed away.

‘This doctor told us that our child would be fine, and our child didn’t even make it twenty-four hours,’ Tagan’s father, Drone, told KAMR.

‘She died within the next fifteen hours.’

He parents say they hope to share Tagan’s story so they can raise awareness of the risks of COVID-19, even in young children.

‘We feel as parents that our daughter could have been saved,’ Drone told the local station.

‘We just honestly feel like even if – they probably shouldn’t have sent her home. I mean it was just mistakes made…too many mistakes made that cost a five-year-old her life.’

‘We’re trying to bring light, so this doesn’t happen again. We don’t want any parents to feel what…we can’t even tell y’all what we’re feeling right now.’

SOURCE: Daily Mail, Mary Kekatos

When you purchase a book below it supports the Number #1 Black Christian Newspaper BLACK CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK ONE (BCNN1.com) and it also allows us to spread the Gospel around the world.