Total Time: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 55 min.
Makes: 16 servings
- 16 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey, optional
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; toss lightly. Sprinkle with half the garlic; toss to combine. Transfer to 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add red onions; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add the red peppers, oregano and remaining garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place toasted bread in large bowl. Stir in broth mixture, turkey if desired, cheese, eggs and green onions. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; dot with butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown.
SOURCE: Taste of Home