Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 large eggs, cold
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Add sweet onion; cook 1 minute. Add rice and carrot; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in green onions, salt, pepper and caraway seeds; heat through.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, 1 at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water. Serve over rice mixture.
SOURCE: Taste of Home