Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings (1 quart)
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon.
SOURCE: Taste of Home