Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 7 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sour cream and lime slices
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the ham, refried beans, broth, corn, chiles, salsa and jerk seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the olives and lime juice; heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream and lime slices.
SOURCE: Taste of Home