First Lady Melania Says Barron Trump Tested Positive for Coronavirus Plague With No Symptoms, Has Since Tested Negative

First Lady Melania Says Barron Trump Tested Positive for Coronavirus Plague With No Symptoms, Has Since Tested Negative

Melania Trump said Wednesday that after an initial negative test, 14-year-old Barron Trump tested positive for COVID-19.

“It was two weeks ago when I received the diagnosis that so many Americans across our country and the world had already received—I tested positive for COVID-19,” the first lady said in a statement. “To make matters worse, my husband, and our nation’s Commander-in-Chief, received the same news.”

She continued: “Naturally my mind went immediately to our son. To our great relief he tested negative, but again, as so many parents have thought over the past several months, I couldn’t help but think “what about tomorrow or the next day?”

My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive. Luckily he is a strong teenager and exhibited no symptoms. In one way I was glad the three of us went through this at the same time so we could take care of one another and spend time together. He has since tested negative.”

Stephanie Grisham, the first lady’s chief of staff and spokeswoman, told USA TODAY on Oct. 2 that Barron “has tested negative, and all precautions are being taken to ensure he’s kept safe and healthy.”

Before departing for a campaign rally in Des Moines Wednesday, President Donald Trump told reporters on the White House South Lawn that Barron is doing “fine.”

The president was discharged from Walter Reed National Medical Center Monday, four days after he and Melania tested positive for COVID-19. Trump has tested negative for COVID-19 on “consecutive days,” White House physician Sean Conley said in a memo released Monday. The first lady said Wednesday she, too, has since tested negative.

At least 20 people, including top administration officials, have tested positive since Trump announced his positive results Oct. 2. Many attended Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination ceremony Sept. 26 at the White House Rose Garden, where few people wore masks.

More:More than two dozen administration officials, associates and others have tested positive

Barron’s private school, St. Andrew’s Episcopal, was set to begin “a phased transition to hybrid learning” this week.

Click here to read more.
Source: USA Today