Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes: 16 servings
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, cook zucchini, onions and peppers in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
SOURCE: Taste of Home