Total Time: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 4 large eggs
- 4 frozen waffles
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: chipotle mayonnaise and minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Cook and stir kale in 1 tablespoon drippings in same pan over medium heat until tender, 6-8 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining 1 tablespoon drippings to pan. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Top each waffle with kale, tomato slices, 1 egg, cheese and 2 bacon strips. If desired, serve with chipotle mayonnaise and parsley.
SOURCE: Taste of Home