Total Time: Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
Makes: 2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs, divided use
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cover dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
- Stir in two eggs, cheese and seasonings. Roll each loaf of dough into a 16×12-in. rectangle. Spread half of the sausage mixture over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg. Brush over tops. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
SOURCE: Taste of Home