Whyte House Family Spoken Novels #7: And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop, Chapter 7 by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #7. Today we are reading chapter seven of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“But godliness with contentment is great gain.”
— I Timothy 6:6
The footsteps turned out to be Pastor and Sis. Richardson. “Don’t tell me you two ladies are the only ones down here!” boomed Pastor Richardson’s deep bass voice. “How are you ladies doing today?”
“I’m blessed, Pastor,” Sis. Mills answered.
“Very blessed,” Sis. Bettie replied. “And how are you, Sis. Richardson?”
“Too blessed.” Sis. Richardson extended her arms to hug both ladies.
“Looking good already,” said Pastor. “I have a couple of young men bringing down the
centerpieces in some boxes. Sis. Mills, make sure you put them to work. They have the energy.
Let them burn it up for the Lord.”
“Amen!” Sis. Mills and Sis. Bettie laughed.
“Wanda and I are taking off before the choir gets started. I’m going home to study and she is
going to cook for tomorrow and get some rest. I would advise you two to take off as soon as you
can and get rested for tomorrow. We’re going to have a long day.”
“Don’t worry, Pastor. We will.” As Pastor and Sis. Richardson turned to leave, a couple of the
young men of the church brought in some boxes. “Where do you want us to put these, Sis.
Sis. Bettie pointed to a table. “Oh, and help us put the tablecloths on and then help us put the
pieces in the center of the table.” The young men made a race out of putting the tablecloths on
the tables. They had them covered in no time. Sis. Mills and Sis. Bettie meanwhile pulled the
decorations out of the boxes. Oohing and aahing, they set everything on one table.
“Boys, help us put these beauties in the middle of each table.”
“Yes, Ma’am,” the boys chorused together. In no time, the centerpieces were right smack in the
middle of each table.
“You boys have done enough,” said Sis. Mills. “If you can just neatly stack the empty boxes to
the back of the storage closet we’ll have two tall glasses of ice cold lemonade waiting for you. We’ll put the napkins on the tables.” Sis. Mills and Sis. Bettie went into the kitchen to pour the lemonade as the boys took the boxes to the storage closet.
“Oh, to be young again,” said Sis. Mills.
“Yes, I remember those days: Out all night, getting two to three hours sleep, full of energy. These old bones can’t handle that anymore and where does the time go?” added Sis. Bettie.
“Now, don’t go reminiscing about the good ole days, Bettie.” The boys gulped down their
lemonade and with a quick ‘thank you’ took off up the stairs.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.