Whyte House Family Spoken Novels #10: And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop by Daniel Whyte III with his wife Meriqua Whyte.
Welcome to the Whyte House Family Spoken Novels podcast episode #10. Today we are reading chapter ten of the novel “…And Family Drama Just Won’t Stop” by Daniel Whyte III with Meriqua Whyte.
“Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways.”
— Psalm 128:1
“Well, we almost done. Those are some pretty napkins to go with the centerpiece,” Sis. Bettie said moving her hand gently over a napkin on the table closest to her.
“It sure is,” Sis. Mills said. “Anyway, like I was saying before we was interrupted, you have to
keep your eyes and ears open; sometimes your eyes more than your ears.”
“Now, what you mean by that?” Sis. Bettie was all ears once again.
“Sister, if a husband and wife come to church in different cars, you better watch that. They
coming to the same place from the same house so why drive different cars? If they don’t sit
together, you better watch that.”
“If either the husband or the wife come to church without the other and the missing one is not
working or sick, that you better watch.”
“And if they sit all serious beside each other trying to front, but don’t say one word to each other,
I say watch that.”
“Now, that’s bad. Real bad.”
“And finally, if Pastor says ‘reach out and greet the person next to you’ and they greet everybody
else but each other, that says it all.”
“Sis. Mills, you certainly full of wisdom. But is some of that from experience?”
Ignoring the question, Sis. Mills went on. “Just observe, Sister. Just observe. You learn a lot by
“I certainly will begin ‘observerating’ as my granddaughter used to say,” Sis. Bettie said.
“Well, we best be heading on home. My daughter is supposed to be coming over with my grandbabies. They going to sleep over for tomorrow. I’ll probably just bring some dinner rolls. Don’t feel much like cooking,” Sis. Mills said.
“If Bro. Harold’s finished out in the church yard, can you give me a ride home? I don’t feel like
waiting for my daughter to come pick me up.”
Sis. Mills and Sis. Bettie both turned around before exiting the room. “Everything sure looks lovely.” Sis. Mills flipped the switch to the ‘off’ position and slowly climbed up the stairs with
Thank you for joining us for this episode of Whyte House Family stories. You may purchase a copy of this novel and any other Christian fiction books read on this podcast from Amazon.com.
Now, dear listener, please know that God—the divine Author of all things—wants to write a great story with your life as well. But first you must give Him the pen by trusting Him with the life He gave you and surrendering your heart to Jesus Christ as Savior. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
May God bless you until next time.