Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash seasoned salt
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients until blended. Spread over half the bread slices. Top with tomato and remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with melted butter. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat until golden brown and heated through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
SOURCE: Taste of Home