Total Time: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. + cooling
Makes: 8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish; add barbecue sauce. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled.
- Chop chicken; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.
SOURCE: Taste of Home